200 Hour Level One Yoga Teacher Training Programme (Optional extra 120 Hour Online YogaSynergy Course)
Part time : 17 April – end July 2021 – running over the weekend modular program OR ONLINE
Full Time : November 2021
Full Cost : ZAR 26 500 OR Online Cost: R19 500
Part time Early bird special before 17 February 2021: R23 400
Full time Early bird special before 01 September 2021: R23 400
Join South Africa’s very first Yoga Alliance RYS 200 certified Yoga teacher training course. Learn from an internationally recognised teacher, Jim Harrington – whose practice and teaching of yoga spans three decades. Jim’s approach to yoga and meditation is a synthesis of ancient traditions with a thorough understanding of biomechanics and applied anatomy & physiology. Students benefit by learning from a “teaching team” of experienced and inspiring yoga teachers and other professionals from the field. Their combined skills make this a world-class teacher training experience.
This full-time course is ideal for anyone interested in deepening their understanding and practice of yoga, whether it be for teaching or simply to deepen one’s personal practice. This experience is guaranteed to change the way that you look at and practice yoga!
This training comes with a 220 page manual which has been evolving since the first YTT in 2005. TOPICS of this Manual INCLUDE
– Teaching methodologies and yoga techniques
- Guided practice of Vinyasa-style Yoga using specially designed sequences for Teacher Training which includes the best lessons, adjustments and step-ups to develop from a novice to an adept in asana.
- Guided practice of meditation and pranayama in detail
- The art of teaching, including verbal instruction, demonstration and how to “workshop” technique
- The art of assisting and hands-on adjustments
- Precise pronunciation of Sanskrit names of postures
- Key Principles of alignment in all common basic postures, bandha and transitional flow
- Using your voice and developing confidence in the teaching role
- Using Props and equipment in yoga practice
– Injury management and special conditions
- Prenatal yoga
- Remedial yoga therapy for common physical problems
-Ethics of teaching yoga
-Anatomy and physiology
- Applied anatomy for yoga practice means understanding “alignment’ from the inside out
- Basic joint structure and function and the physiology of the nervous system is the basis of yoga as therapy
-The business of yoga
- Advancement in your career: How to progress from novice to expert
- Giving and receiving: what and how does a yoga teacher transact
- Defining your business o
bjectives and drawing up your action plan
- History of Yoga
- Selected lessons from the Vedas, Upanishads, and the Bhagavad Gita
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the 8 Limbs of Yoga
- The Roots of Contemporary Yoga –Krishnamacharya’s Legacy
- Chakra System (including the energetic anatomy: koshas, gunas, nadis)
- Practical introspection and self-inquiry
- Special Guest teachers are included /li>
- Myofascial Release
- Functional Movement
- “Nuad Thai” Thai Yoga massage techniques
- Breathing and apnea physiology
- Download the Information Pack
- Click here to download an application form. Upon completion, please email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon acceptance, enroll with a deposit of R7,000 | USD 700.00 to secure your place on the course.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
- Read and submit a 500word book review of one of the books on the required reading list – (page 9 of the Info Pack) before the start of the course.
- Past graduates of Jim Harrington Teacher Training Courses may apply for a discount of 40% if they choose to repeat the course.